Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Week Six Lecture

Week Six Lecture Summary
This week in the lecture we talked about media, new media and social media. We also briefly discussed and revised the history of the internet. We had a new lecturer for this week Adam Muir. I now understand the concept of virtual community, I see it as a online community where people all around the world can communicate via the internet for example on facebook or other social networking sites you can communicate almost instantly. The concept of individual identity also became aware to me, for example a person expresses themselves online and create there own virtual identity, for example on myspace people can customize there own page as they wish to express there individual identity. The Web 2.0 was create in order to let the user experience the internet in a different way and be allowed to comment or 'read, write, web' this give users a freedom to express their personal opinion over the internet. This lecture got me thinking about the content that i post up on facebook and the fact that once i post anything on there it is available for everyone to see and my photos are not owned by me any more. I was never previously aware of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment